Updates to StudioWeb for 2017
February 17, 2017
We’ve released some very significant updates to StudioWeb this year, both in terms of the course content, and the application. Here is a short list:
- StudioWeb 2 will be retired this year, and all new classrooms will be deployed to the StudioWeb 3.
- We are renaming (and updating) Beginners HTML to HTML5 since it is much more than a beginners course.
- We are releasing a NEW Python course.
- We are now providing a grading rubric for the projects – usable even for teacher who don’t know code.
- We are adding to the HTML5 course projects, including lessons from teachers who have used SW in classrooms.
- Student time tracking will be back this year.
- We are providing a new Teacher’s QuickStart Guide that includes classroom activities (note taking, paired coding, peer-to-peer tutoring etc), the new grading rubric, and other useful things to jump start a teacher.