What can possibly go wrong with a server that cannot get fixed in 6+hs

Andrea

I am so frustrated - I wanted to finish the reinvention of my webdesign website as a Wordpress template, and just when I got ready to tackle the remaining changes around 8 AM this morning, my sites - including the related email accounts - went down. I've been with 3ix.org for a couple years or more now, and I've been happy with them. They are really affordable, and service- via life chat - has been great. But as of the last 2 or so months, things seem to have gone down the toilette. I got mysteriously hacked, and my password is like super-top-safe - so how would that happen? Then I'm reported to google for pishing, and I no longer have 404s - non-existing pages just go to index. And I didn't make any changes..... WTF.

I've been browsing for a new host. My problem is, that I'm incredibly cheap, but iPage so far, looks pretty tempting. 3ix - convince me to stay...

Just venting, guys.

They were still down (after a short-lived flicker) when I went to bed last night. This morning, they are back. Just checked, I'm paid through March. I hate moving, but I think at the latest, I'll do it then. Too many strikes against my host in the last few months. At least, I followed my own advice and keep my domains separate from my host :D

I just wanted to mention that working with Godaddy as a host isn't my favorite. If you choose them, make sure you choose Linux instead of Windows if you want to work with WordPress or other similar programs. Also, I don't like the fact that when you create a database, you have to wait (sometimes hours) for them to actually approve it (or whatever it is they do). Frustrating when I'm working on a client's site and on a schedule....

Just my 2 cents. :cool:

Thanks for the input guys, and good to know about the wait time for databases with Godaddy- that would annoy me, too. I'll keep shopping and will move to some new host once my term is up, sooner if there is one more of these ridiculous issues.