Annoying Issue with DW

straightryder

Okay, I created an <ol> in DW.

When Live View is off :

The listed items appear very close together being the default. There's not margin or padding. The li rest neatly on top of each other.

Here's an example below:

1. the object, itself inaccessible to experience, to which a phenomenon is referred for the basis or cause of its sense content.

2. a thing in itself, as distinguished from a phenomenon or thing as it appears.

3. Kantianism . something that can be the object only of a purely intellectual, nonsensuous intuition.

When i click "Live View" to sample it then all of a sudden the li's appear to have jumped to like 10px padding on the bottom. When I click to preview it in a browser its giving me the results where there is no padding!! Its neat and the way it looks with Live View off.

1.the object, itself inaccessible to experience, to which a phenomenon is referred for the basis or cause of its sense content.

2. thing in itself, as distinguished from a phenomenon or thing as it appears.

3. Kantianism . something that can be the object only of a purely intellectual, nonsensuous intuition.

Now this is annoying cause I have to keep opening a browser in order to see if my result is what i want... because the effects in Live Preview totally effect everything else in the layout.

in the css I applied 0px to margin and padding but still no changes. There are no other <ul> or <ols>. I even opened a new document only doing a <ol> on the page and I ended up with the same results.. Its jumps to something like 10px of padding but there is not even any CSS applied at all.

follow? lol

Ditch the Live View. It's really not a browser. And you don't have to keep opening your browser to view your results. Just opening once and then refresh/reload it each time after you've made an edit. Firefox is the preferred choice in testing your page(s).

I agree, Live View should not be used in place of the web browser, it should be used only if say you are quickly creating elements to a page, typing out text and a few other things. As you'll get to know Dreamweaver, you will discover WHEN using live view will speed up the process vs code view.

... Personally, I would use live view say 5% of the time. Yes, it's not that much, but it still comes in handy sometimes.

You should set up Dreamweaver's f12 hot-key to preview in a browser at the touch of a button. And you should also set up a secondary browser for testing in Dreamweaver ... shift+f12. Test in Firefox and IE8.

Stefan