CMS, which one?

j22cal

Up until now, i have mostly been writing my pages with just XHTML pages. However, when there are a lot of pages, it gets kinda hard to deal with. This is probably a someone subjective question, but what CMS do you recommend? Seems like WordPress it starting to be used more and more for site management. Is it good? Are there any others that you would recommend?

Considering that it's being used more and more - it's either good, or there is something wrong with the many people using it.

It is free, has loads of plug-ins and allows for all kinds of features, but it's the only one I've tried so I cannot give you any kind of comparison.

I prefer WordPress for the reasons Andrea listed. I've also got a fair amount of experience with CMS Made Simple. It's a pretty good CMS and may be a tad easier to use when it comes to creating catalogs and managing pages without needing a bunch of extra plugins/modules. At least that's my opinion.

Edited by Susie

• 1 month later...

Wordpress seems to be a best choice to start with, if it will be your first CMS and the text is the main content of your website. Once you go through Wordpress, the other CMS will be easier and quicker to learn.

• 2 weeks later...