Killersites Community
joecool

How To Use Boxes Instead Of Tables

Hi all,

I have created a new charity website and I am trying to fix somethign on one of the pages.

I have content with an image beside it then a horizontal line underneath it, what is happening is depending on what browser you are using and depending at what browser you are using and other settings, sometimes the images are ending up in the line, above the line, below the line etc. I want things to stay i in places they should be no matter what browser or device they are watching it on.

I am not good at website design and in the old days I just used to put everything in a table and that would normally fix the issues, but this is an important charity site and I want to do everything correctly.

I think I need to put each section i.e. text with associated image and horizontal line into some kind of box or container system. But I am not sure.

Please can someone help. We launched the site on Wednesday and have just noticed this issue.

One of the main problem pages is:

(Deleted link because I didn't get a response to questions and didn't want to keep my url up here)

Thanks

Joe

Edited by joecool

That's too bad, I was just about to look into things, but without being able to see your page, I cannot help.

(Deleted link because I didn't get a response to questions and didn't want to keep my url up here)

You need to learn CSS positioning - which can be a pain ... no doubt. 

If anyone reading this thread, please consider learning Twitter Bootstrap:

http://getbootstrap.com/

... Once you learn it, you will be saved many hours of frustration trying to get your CSS layouts to work.

Stef