Old Forum vs. New Forum

administrator

I like the new forum, too.

Cannot say much about speed, since my computer is pretty lame.

A couple things I miss - the old forum showed when another member had last logged it - it kind of helps to decide if it still pays to comment on a thread or in case something looks somewhat spammy.

And I'd still like to see a way to delete all posts of one member with one strike. Right now, I can only see all of them, but have to delete each on its own. Those mass deletions aren't necessary often, but every so often it just has to get done.

Another thing I miss from the old forum - I generally view 'recent posts' - and in the new forum, this list sometimes gets pretty short. Right now for example - I know there were a couple posts yesterday that I saw but had no time to answer, and this morning, the 'recent list' only shows 6 posts. Now I'd have to remember which forum they were in or start looking for the forums until I find it.

And - the 'un-viewed thread marking' often does not work. There may be 10 posts I have not looked at, all with the dark green marker. Then I look at one, go back, and all show up as read. Sometimes, however, they stay dark green, but more often not than so. Haven't figured out if/that I'm doing something differently.

So I have to old forum up and running with the latest version of the old forum's software

.. You old timers may find it interesting to check it out.

Funny thing about the old forum is that it still gets a lot more traffic than the new one - it has been up for many years. In fact, we still have people joining the old forum ... even today!

I will be using the old forum as more of an announce board and I will try to make people visiting our old place aware of our new home.

Stefan

Funny thing about the old forum is that it still gets a lot more traffic than the new one - it has been up for many years. In fact, we still have people joining the old forum ... even today!

I will be using the old forum as more of an announce board and I will try to make people visiting our old place aware of our new home.

I have mentioned in the old forum that the notice of the 'forum has been moved' was not clear enough. You need to really somehow make it so clear that a blind person can see it.

As for people registering on the old forum, you might want to do a redirect when people click on the Register link having it link to a page on the new forum indicating that they have been redirected to the new forum plus provide them the new forum's register link.