Blogs & CMS

Susie

Hey Stef,

Are you planning to bring the Blogs/CMS section of the forums over?

Yes I do. I am just considering the best structure. I might have a Wordpress forum since I am releasing new Wordpress tutorials and videos soon.

But after that, should I have dedicated forums for popular blogs and CMS packages? My thinking now is probably not.

... Your thoughts?

I don't really see why we'd need to have a dedicated forum for the popular blogs/cms pkgs. Maybe in the future? Seems like a lot of the postings these days are about html/css rather than blogs and cms. A dedicated WP forum might be good if you're going to release a bunch of stuff related to that.

I believe you should be one step ahead and have your all your dedicated forums set up so it will not be a hassle later on. You can basically do something like this:

Blogs/CMS

---Wordpress

---CMS Made Simple

---Others

So if later another blog or cms becomes popular, you then have to just create a new sub-category and will only have to move related topics from the 'Others' over to that new sub-category.

Same thing applies to HTML/CSS...

HTML/CSS

---HTML/CSS Layout

---CSS Menus

---CSS Tips and Tricks

...and so on. You get the picture!

So yes and that's my final answer.

I don't really see why we'd need to have a dedicated forum for the popular blogs/cms pkgs. Maybe in the future? Seems like a lot of the postings these days are about html/css rather than blogs and cms. A dedicated WP forum might be good if you're going to release a bunch of stuff related to that.

We could have a general CMS/Blogs forum under "Web Design" but I think that separate forums for each major CMS or Blog would be overkill.

We do definitely need the "Killer Tips and Tricks" forum back though. I think it was working better than the FAQ's forum and did a similar job, but more openly.

We could have a general CMS/Blogs forum under "Web Design" but I think that separate forums for each major CMS or Blog would be overkill.

I would have to agree. I think until we see a lot of interest in a particular CMS, I am inclined to have only a Blogs/CMS forum. But, with the exception of Wordpress because of the videos we have on Wordpress .. with more coming out soon.

Now, I am not sure about the following:

- Tips and Tricks

- HTML/CSS layouts

... Should these be separate forums or combined into one?

I just want to make two general points about the forums:

1. You never want a dead/empty forum.

2. I have deleted dead and empty forums in the past. You have to move slowly when coming out with new forums.

Stefan

Now, I am not sure about the following:

- Tips and Tricks

- HTML/CSS layouts

... Should these be separate forums or combined into one?

How about "Web Design Tips, Tricks and Layout Ideas". Bit of a mouthful I know. :rolleyes:

I just want to make two general points about the forums:

1. You never want a dead/empty forum.

2. I have deleted dead and empty forums in the past. You have to move slowly when coming out with new forums.

You have my permission to remove the FAQ's forum. Nice idea but diffucult to keep going.