First to post on the Dreamweaver thread

youngros

So you are saying that it looks odd in Dreamweaver's design view, but looks fine when viewed live?

If so, yes, Dreamweaver's design view isn't perfect, especially when dealing with CSS layouts. It may not be able to understand the PHP includes, since that code would be included when the page is first loaded by the server. You'll just have to ignore whatever Dreamweaver shows you, and just look at the live version through WAMP.

Yes, some of the code was showing black as though a tag was missing, but that bit has been solved as I had forgotten to update DW after re installing it!!

My live data button doesn't seem to be working that well either, which it did before.

I guess if it looks OK with WAMP then I will have to ignore DW.

Are the later versions any better, or would I be best sticking with what I have? I also have downloaded HTML-kit, but not tried it out yet.

Are the later versions any better, or would I be best sticking with what I have? I also have downloaded HTML-kit, but not tried it out yet.

Dreamweaver 8 is getting pretty old and it does use an older rendering engine. So yes, Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 are a big leap ahead.

Of course, if you are just a coder, then using HTML-kit or some other inexpensive or free text editor can probably do the trick.

Stefan

Dreamweaver 8 is getting pretty old and it does use an older rendering engine. So yes, Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 are a big leap ahead.

Of course, if you are just a coder, then using HTML-kit or some other inexpensive or free text editor can probably do the trick.

Stefan

Take a look at sub sections 4, 5 and 14 in the following link. They provide some nice examples of editors if you are looking to upgrade your current editor.

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/17/the-ultimate-web-developers-christmas-wish-list/