I need help bad.

wolfman1969

I had a website built and I have hosting. The company gave me the links to make changes. But that is All. The website was to be fully Functioned. and up and running in 3 days. Its been over 3 days and the website sucks. Just Plain. nothing exciting to draw traffic. is there any one that would be willing to help me figure how to finish this website. thank you

They gave me access to my cpanel to make changes but I never worked with websites and have no idea what to do. I can do it if someone walks me through it or If they can finish it for me and get it up and running.. Or if there is a guide or book I can purchase to help figure this out.

thank you Susie.

Based on the site, it looks like whoever you went with to design/develop the website probably has a standard system and template that they used. I'm not sure how much you paid for this, but if they told you it would take three days, that is an extremely short time period for web design/development. The web design company I work for usually takes a month to two months on a project (though, often the budget is $10,000+). Sure, we aren't working on your project that entire time -- we have to fit it into our project pipeline -- but that is a much more realistic timeline.

There's a design related quote that comes to mind... "good, fast, cheap: pick two." You can have a project that is fast and cheap, but it will probably fall well below your expectations. You could have a good quality project that will be cheap, but it will take a good amount of time. Or, you can have a project that is both fast and good quality, but it won't be cheap.

As for where you go from here... I'm not sure. If you are completely new to the web design industry, you probably will need to go to a web designer for help on this -- you'll need to learn HTML, CSS, PHP and how to work with their particular system in order to do it yourself, which probably isn't realistic unless you have a lot of free time.

I think also you need to consider that you can build the best website with all the attention grabbing stuff in the world, but if you don't market it right, no one will come to the site. Just because you built a site dosent mean people are going to find it the next day.