Making Dreamweaver Default Editor

youngros

After finding my C drive was rapidly filling up because the WAMP server was there, research showed that all I needed in my C was the operating system and everything else could go in the other partition of the drive, which in my case is F.

So I moved the server and Dreamweaver and several other things as well, but now I find that Dreamweaver is not the default editor for files like it once was.

I have tried right clicking and asking it to edit/open in Dreamweaver and it doesn't want to know.

Any ideas on how to fix this, it's not a big issue, but I like the choice of being able to use Dreamweaver or Notepad++.

Thanks

Moving program files should be avoided. As Ben said, you should uninstall both WAMP and Dreamweaver and then reinstall them to the other partitions. This way, your OS registry will have the necessary info to run your programs correctly.

The only thing you can move without any problems is data files such as .doc, psd, .txt, various image formats, etc that are not built in to the programs.