Which ever side of the fence I'm on...

PicnicTutorials

Which ever side of the fence I'm on, I'm always the one waiting! I heard you guys gripe about the same thing, so I'm sure you'll emphasize. When I was a client (back in the day) I was always anciously waiting for my web designer to return my pjone call or email. Now, I'm the web designer, and I'm still the one waiting! Weird! That actually pretty much apply's to every senerio of my life - so nothing new to me.

Edit - that reminds me of my dating days. I was never to good at those games due to my adversion to waiting.

Edited by Eric

That is why patience is a virtue, or again "All will come to those that wait".

I always run late because I hate to wait, I know it's not very polite to those that have to wait for me, I like to think they do so because "I'm worth it" to coin an ad...LOL:D

That is why patience is a virtue, or again "All will come to those that wait".

I always run late because I hate to wait, I know it's not very polite to those that have to wait for me, I like to think they do so because "I'm worth it" to coin an ad...LOL:D

Thats true! People want what they can't have (or think they can't have). Of course, the opposite holds true as well! People don't want what they have (or think they have). Not that I've mastered this (I haven't), but I believe, this is the most basic human emotion that unconciously drives most peoples desisions.

This is most evident in children. e.g. "I want that!" And then again durring the dating years. e.g. if someone your dating is always calling you, you immedeatly don't like them as much. Of course the "out of reach" is all that much more prized. This is at the heart of the saying "the grass is always greener". Therefore, master this emotion, and you've mastered life! Or a good part of it at least...

Eric,

Been there. Serious clients will be serious in their desires to get things done but sometimes they have other priorities that supercedes them in which this may be the case with you and your client.

I'd say shake it off and find more clients. Give priority to those that are working with you or at least not holding you back. If you have a deposit for the job then don't fret unless you have done more work than the amount you collected. Just find another client or two.

Meanwhile, you can careful state (via email or leave phone message) in your next attempt to contact the client by saying something that you have not received any response from him/her and that this will be your last attempt.

Becareful how you word it because you don't want to come across as being pushy or desperate.

I like the Taco Bell Commercial (I think), where she gives him her cell phone number comming in and he calls her right away for dinner and she turns around and he is there with the food...

Waiting is seriously overrated...

...or something to that effect. :)

still waiting for my return call so I know what to build...

But in the meantime (while I wait) I made my da ycare site's code valid! Well, recently, and over the last 2 years. May not seem like much. But to those that may remember the sloppy code driving that thing - it's monumental! And gave alt code for all the flash/images/etc... I'm trying to get to #1 in the goo oogle. #2 now - one to go!

Edited by Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well... more time for other customers... or zapping Zombies if that is your thing... "Take that you mouldering dumb dead virus sucking stinkers!" :mad:

Head shots are so much fun... hey look, that one looks like a former customer of mine!!! :P

What always, and I do mean ALWAYS, happens to me is that they show back up when I've already moved on and am knee deep in 3 other websites. I struggle with that big time because I feel like they deserve my attention since I have some of their money, but my schedule is very limited and tight, so I don't always have time when they're ready.

I'm redeveloping my website and in the process, I'm revamping some of my policies. Hopefully I'll be able to prevent this issue in the future.

Good luck!

:| Excuse me.... WHAT!!!???????

"We prefer 'Living Impaired' if you do not mind..."

"Ummm, LSW, you should no better than to point a weapon at someone unless you plan to shoot... :|... Oh... Hey look! Thelma in a summer dress and she is calling for you!"

lol, still waiting...

people are so weird! he gave me a $231 non-refundable deposit and then disapeared. I'm sure he'll resurface in a month or two...

That's not unusual. I was paid $800 deposit to do some rework on their existing website. Half is refundable if they decided to part ways. Well, they parted ways and I don't know where they went or how to get a hold of them.

You would think they would want the refund but it has been two years and not a word from them.