Moving Around Without Rulers

TheEagle

Hi

I need to let the user move around a huge chart without using rulers(He already complained about using rulers) is there any javascript or css that could let the user hold down the mouse left button in side the page and move around the page instead of using Horizontal and vertical rulers?

Could you be a little more specific? Or a link for we can see what you mean.

Yes Consider you put a huge map image in an html page.Immediatly a vertical scroller will appear on the right and a horizontal scroller at the bottom so you can view all the map image.

Instead of depending on these scrollers I want the user to be able to hold down the mouse left button (hand pointer) on the page and drag to see the rest of the map.

Ok now I know what you mean. I should not have responded to you, sorry. This is over my head. I did a little looking around although and found this on you tube http://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=oefCfvZIYpM Also found some stuff at hotscipts.com Again sorry I had to break the link for it did not put the video here.

Edited by grabenair

That sounds more like a Flash item, using Adobe Flex you can do that rather easily and the Flash Builder 4 (Flex 4) SDK is free.

In the end it is still a question of Why? What is it that they want to move around. It is hard to answer without a better idea of what is trying to be done and why? Is this something the owner would use or is this to be available to the web site users?

That sounds more like a Flash item, using Adobe Flex you can do that rather easily and the Flash Builder 4 (Flex 4) SDK is free.

In the end it is still a question of Why? What is it that they want to move around. It is hard to answer without a better idea of what is trying to be done and why? Is this something the owner would use or is this to be available to the web site users?

Now that you know what I need I can describe in detail:

I'm working on control called SharePoint Organization chart found on Code Plex(I don't remember the link but if you google it you will immediatly find it).

When the whole chart is generated it is actually a group of div elements.But it becomes huge so the vertical and horizontal scrollers appear.

So I want the user to be able to see all the chart without using the scrollers.For example the user hold down the mouse left key then drag to see the rest of the chart...That is the whole idea..