Internet Explorer Collection

newseed

I was horrified by the performance of IE8 beta 2 and thought it would take years to sort out, but IE8 RC1 does the basics well but there are still thousands of problems which seem to be for coding that most people won't ever use for normal websites.

However, people complain that major websites break when using RC1. Only yesterday I tried Dell's customise option to buy a new computer and RC1 on Vista failed to Add to Basket. I tried five times and then saw another small link at the top right corner of the screen which said View Cart [5] and I could click on that and saw that I had ordered five computers! I deleted four but IE8 RC1 failed later during the credit card process, so I used Firefox and had no problem. I had various combinations for Dell in Trusted Sites and Active Scripting for the Internet setting was enabled and cookies too, but it still failed.

Computers are relatively cheap now and I think it's easier to use separate computers with two monitors side by side, You don't have to keep changing from one version to another and can see both at the same time so that chasing a few px is easier to see the difference. You also don't have any complicated programs or virtual OS to cause a problem.

Keep an old PC for IE7 and buy a new one for IE8.