css

rescued

I recently got the web design coarse. I need suggestions on how I can get my hand written css code, included in the video, to work on my pages. I maid a copy sheet of the code added it to the same folder as my pages. This link is in the head section of each page <link href="ROOT.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">. Can anyone please tell me what I am missing?

File names are case sensitive, so make sure your file name and the link to it are in the same case. If that's all ok and things still don't work, it's usually related to this issue: http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/topic/3010-cant-open-my-website/page__gopid__16509&&do=findComment&comment=16509

I failed to mention I am using windows 7. When I go to a practice html page in my folder and click alt key I find no listing for folders in tools or view section. Also my css file is named Root.css and shows it to bea cascading style sheet. Could I be missing a link from the style sheet to the pages?

<link href="Root.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">... If it is in the same folder as the html pages and that line of code is in the html documents It should work. Like Andrea said the names are case sensitive.

Everything is in the folder, links are correct,check letter casing it is correct. I still can't figure out where to access folders in the tool bar. Neither tools or view show a folder option. Im using windows 7.

Well it took some brain stress but I found the problem. I was using the wrong opening and closing tag symbol. I used( ) when I should have used { }. Thanks for all your help. I was confident that it was a linking problem and it was. My eyes linking to my brain. laughing now,at my frustration and oversite.

Well it took some brain stress but I found the problem. I was using the wrong opening and closing tag symbol. I used( ) when I should have used { }. Thanks for all your help. I was confident that it was a linking problem and it was. My eyes linking to my brain. laughing now,at my frustration and oversite.

Moved as it does not need it's own thread.