Banner not working right

grabenair

On my website I wanted my banner to go all the way across the page, I figured out how to that. My problem is that when I view it on a screen that you have to scroll left and right the right side does not go all the way across.

Edited by grabenair

I haven't figured out how to fix this. But it has nothing to do with the size of your monitor but with the resolution that's set (yes, you won't be able to display 1900 px on a 15", but even a 15" monitor will let you set various resolutions. And the 100% you have set for your banner cover that resolution, but not the area you're scrolling to if the page is wider than whatever set resolution.

I'm sure it's something simple, it always is.....

Eddie, what's weird is that the top banner goes 100% --- UNLESS the resolution is lower and doesn't allow to display the entire page. So when horizontal scrolling is needed, the banner blue stops where the scrolling begins. - the area of the page that isn't seen unless scrolled to does not have the blue banner.

I've never had this issue, as I usually limit my header design to the wrapper area, so I have no clue how one would get the banner cover all the width, regardless of scrolling or not.

He has a header div with a 100% width a blue background and the image centered sitting above the wrapper so that there's a blue banner all the way across the top. But if the page is viewed with a resolution less than wrapper width and a horizontal scroll bar pops up, using that scrollbar shows that the header-blue ends where the page ended.

Oh..I see. The width of 100% would be whatever the browser size is regardless if there is a scroll or not. Think about it, if the wrapper div uses a 100% width then it would fit the width of the browser window thus no scroll.

So the banner is displaying the full width of browser window as it should but it doesn't understand how to expand beyond that of a fixed width that is greater than the browser window size.

Edited by Eddie

So the banner is displaying the full width of browser window as it should but it doesn't understand how to expand beyond that of a fixed width that is greater than the browser window size.

That's how I see it, too - but is there a way to work around this?