Word-press Design

perryc

Hello, i was wondering how hard it would be to set up a word-press site for my design business i mean like with the plugins and everything im between this and using joomla.

Thanks,

Cody Perry

It's not that difficult. My impression is that Wordpress is easier to get started with than Joomla, but I haven't used Joomla that much. I've done quite a few WP sites and in general, I've found it to be a very powerful and flexible platform.

KillerSites has Wordpress tutorials available if you need to get started (killersites.com/wordpress) and I believe additional ones in the KS University.

Ok, thanks for the replies. Im pretty sure thats what im going to go with is word-press. I've heard people say word-press is for small sites, Joomla is for medium sized sites, and Drupal is for large to really large sites.

Thanks,

Cody Perry

Hadn't heard the small, medium, large before. that's interesting to know.

I've started using Joomla this year. After reading a lot about CMSs, what I was able to ascertain is that Wordpress is more for Designers, Drupal more for Programmers/Developers and Joomla was the happy medium.