Div Wrapper Issue

kitster79

Hi Guys,

See this URL....probably just a simple fix...http://vojodesign.com/proofs/harborCare/_root/home01.html

I cant seem to figure out how to extend my #wrapper div to the end of the main content area (the white area) and meet with the footer. I have tried placing divs with clear:both values in a couple of places...but I cant quite get it right. It is supposed to look like this...http://globalvisionpr.com/harborCare/home01.html

Many thanks in advance...

Kit

Thanks Ben.

Regarding the width issue, yeah I did realize and I dont like it, but I couldn't figure out a way to slice it so that those foliage background images could display. Initially, I had exported one large background image that included both sided of the foliage, but this of course turned out to be about a 170k image...just too big. If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them:)

Thanks

Kit

Given the choice, a large background image would probably be the way I'd go... did you try a transparent PNG/GIF that would sit on your main background pattern?

Otherwise... You could get that effect with tables -- a 100% width table with the center column a fixed width and the two outer columns at 50% width. I believe I did that at one point a while ago, though it isn't the ideal situation and I'm not sure how it would work with browser compatibility.

Another option -- though something to experiment with, I don't have the time to test it in depth at the moment -- is to absolutely position both outside the wrapperInner div. Something like:

#wrapper { overflow:hidden; }

#wrapperInner { width:960px; position:relative; }

#foliageLeft { position:absolute; left: -127px; ...rest of css... }

#foliageRight { position:absolute; right: -127px; ...rest of css... }

I'd need to play with it to figure it out exactly... I played with it in Firebug for a couple minutes though and it does work. The position:absolute takes it out of the document flow and doesn't force the scrollbars to appear. The footer does need to be fixed to avoid scrollbars though. Of course, I haven't tested this on multiple browsers, only Firefox.