Dreamweaver crash!

granny

I am a very active ?granny? and have during the past few days experience horror! :o In order to fix some broken files in DW, I downloaded a help program called ?ParetoLogicSuport? which nested itself in DW with the consequence that all .dll files need re-opening and, for the moment, do not function. This Program has in fact been hijacked my computer. I have copied the warnings I received but they are in Danish and therefore of little use to anyone in Canada. The team launching this program tried to force me to pay for their services ? which I refused. It was indeed difficult to get rid of them ? once I threatened them with reporting their activities to Google ? 10 min later I had a map to assist me in uninstalling their program. BUT ? another consequence is that I cannot uninstall DW on my computer. 1. DW is located on my desk top (that is a mistake) ? and does not appear in ?delete programs?. 2. I cannot find uninstall in the many existing files in DW. If I try to delete DW, I get the following message: If you delete this program ? this or other programs will not function correctly. HOW CAN I DELETE DW from my desk top? I would indeed be grateful for some advice. Thanking you in advance? :)

My impression based on your comments is that you may have simply copied Dreamweaver to your desktop, rather than properly installing it. I would simply delete the program off your desktop and reinstall. If you get an alert saying "if you delete this program - this or other programs will not function correctly" ignore it and press OK.

I presume you are on a PC, so you should be able to uninstall DW from Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Usually it is only a shortcut that is on the desktop, not the full DW application, unless of course you changed the usual installation.

I don't think you can delete DW from within itself, you could possibly try 2 things, locate the DW files from My computer - C drive, or desktop (if it really is installed there) and delete the folder and empty the trash. Or go to Programs - Windows Explorer - find DW and drag to trash then empty trash. Maybe my more experienced PC colleagues here can give you another solution.

I presume you are on a PC, so you should be able to uninstall DW from Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Usually it is only a shortcut that is on the desktop, not the full DW application, unless of course you changed the usual installation.

I don't think you can delete DW from within itself, you could possibly try 2 things, locate the DW files from My computer - C drive, or desktop (if it really is installed there) and delete the folder and empty the trash. Or go to Programs - Windows Explorer - find DW and drag to trash then empty trash. Maybe my more experienced PC colleagues here can give you another solution.

Hello - I know I have been very stupid because I dragged the DW from an external harddisk and left it on the desk top - I do know that it should have been installed properly.

Now when I try to trash it - it is the pop up message that says : if you delete - this might cause other programs not to work properly.... that worries me.... what if all my othe programs fail to function after this? And how will it be if I install DW CS3 after that....??

It is very kind of you to respond to my mail and I do appreciate your message - in fact I try to trash it and see what happens.... thank you!!

PS : attach for your info my DW on desk to and the pop up from FileCure which cannot be delete....

thank you for your reply: my logic tells me what you suggest is as it should be done - and I think that is how I will end up doing it - only the pop-up that says : if you delete - one or more programs will fail to function. How serious will this be - any experience with this?

I greatly appreciate you reply - thank you very much....

PS : see attached copy of my desk top showing DW and FileCure pop up that will not go away....

Now when I try to trash it - it is the pop up message that says : if you delete - this might cause other programs not to work properly.... that worries me.... what if all my othe programs fail to function after this? And how will it be if I install DW CS3 after that....??

That's fine -- it's a pretty standard message when deleting an application. Deleting it simply means you won't be able to edit web related files with Dreamweaver -- it won't cause any of your other programs to break. You can ignore that message and press "OK" (or "continue", I'm not sure which option the pop up message has.) Once it's been deleted, then reinstall it and it should work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

If above tips are not working then:

1. Start the wizard "System Restore" from start menu> accessories> system tools.

then click/check on "Restore my computer to an earlier time" >next> choice a date before you installed the DW.> next > next > read the warning message and if you think it is ok then go foreword.

2. Not solving the problem yet? So after all you need to re setup or re install your pc operating system.

Thanks.

Edited by JemsRoker