Jump to content

Gradient with a subtle spotlight


Recommended Posts

I'm not really sure what to call this effect, so I'm not finding any tutorials while googling. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to create something like this?






See how the background has a very subtle gradient and an area of light within? How is that done??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pick the gradient tool on the top menu bar there are 4 different types - use the 2nd one radial gradient and set the foreground and background colours. Then click and drag from the middle to the edge - you might have to inverse the colours to get the lighter one in the middle. If you want a more subtle gradient, double click the coloured gradient in the top toolbar and you can add colours to it.


If you need a tutorial Google - Photoshop radial gradient.

Edited by virtual
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the first page deosn't look like a gradient to me, more playing with different shades of the color to get a light effect, often used in posters.


try this, fill the background with the color you want to use, let say grey #383838, now slect the brush, a big blurry with hardness 0. select a slightly lighter grey and apply it into the middle.

You should now have something very similar to the first url.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...