Navigation bar - dwarfs page!

BGD

Hi all, quick question if I may.

I created some buttons in PS for my navigation bar in Dreamweaver. Insert image objects > navigation bar and uploaded the various images but now the navbar is a monster that has taken over most of my header and beyond.

It's not online yet so I cannot point you but could someone pls suggest a way that I can modify the width / height of the navbar? Do I need to go back to PS and save it as very small buttons and start from there?

Thank you

It's always best to load the images in exactly the size they will be displayed. While you can display a large image at a smaller size, you'll still load the large one and waste bandwidth. Uploading a small one and displaying it larger will give you bad quality.

Hi all, quick question if I may.

I created some buttons in PS for my navigation bar in Dreamweaver. Insert image objects > navigation bar and uploaded the various images but now the navbar is a monster that has taken over most of my header and beyond.

It's not online yet so I cannot point you but could someone pls suggest a way that I can modify the width / height of the navbar? Do I need to go back to PS and save it as very small buttons and start from there?

Thank you

Sounds to me that you outputted the button images at a resolution higher than 72 pixels the inch. Remember that screen graphics should never be outputted at high pixel depth.

... Does that make sense?

Stefan

Hi Andrea and Stefan and thank you for responding. I had created the buttons in 72 px an inch but just far too large it seems. So I've followed Andrea's suggestion and created them at the pixel size they should be for the page (well I had to do it a few times to figure right size!).

Thanks again.

Edited by BGD