5 Month Old Web Page, 30-50 Visits A Day, Am I Doing This Right?

jjhall37

I have an education website that I have build the last 5 months. I have really tried to add a lot of content and free lessons for teachers and educators. I feel like I have worked hours and hours and I am only seeing 30 - 50 visits a day and that is only if I am sending out 15 or so tweets, 5-6 Google plus posts. I guess I feel like I may feel like I am over posting the same things, no one has complained but I'm not sure if i'm going about it the best way. I am just looking for any advice on the best practices for getting traffic. I hear somewhere that it takes a good 8 months for you to really get a webpage going. Do I just need to be persistent? Or do I need to work on using the social media better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dear 

as you are having educational website first you need to know that what  audience who they will see your post you must know that thing like different source you are using link Google plus Facebook . link din etc one thing among them I would like to tell you that there is no use to post google plus for getting visit I thing use Google plus for only indexing you content like Google first give index to those post only 

may I Know which platform you use to post your content I am taking about like you post content on your site which link you share in groups or you use other platform to make a link of your content  please tell me that I would to tell you here that please use slide share ,youtube  etc it will help you get visit on you content sure and they will get rank also soon mean one arrow to sparrow 

I have an education website that I have build the last 5 months. I have really tried to add a lot of content and free lessons for teachers and educators. I feel like I have worked hours and hours and I am only seeing 30 - 50 visits a day and that is only if I am sending out 15 or so tweets, 5-6 Google plus posts. I guess I feel like I may feel like I am over posting the same things, no one has complained but I'm not sure if i'm going about it the best way. I am just looking for any advice on the best practices for getting traffic. I hear somewhere that it takes a good 8 months for you to really get a webpage going. Do I just need to be persistent? Or do I need to work on using the social media better.

Yes, your doing is correct, daily updating the website is a good thing.

Internet is mainly used for sharing. Your website shares useful information to all the people(students, faculty etc...). For this kind of educational stuff websites easily get more trafficby doing online promotion(Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization).

Learning to do online promotion to your website go through the below link,

Link: http://moz.com/learn/seo

This link is more helpful for SEO beginners. :) :)