Question About Web Programmer Course/php

mbcosenza

Hello there, I bought and started the complete web programmer course recently and after going through basic PHP videos and basic MySQL with ease I suddenly felt it gave a huge jump when the PHP CRUD videos started, as if the person on the video is skipping a lot of terms, commands, operators that weren't mentioned at all during the first two. Has anybody had the same experience? I was doing just fine and then suddenly I feel he is just typing in code and not explaining some things that weren't mentioned, and I'm getting frustrated because updating and then showing a list of records is what I need to learn for my personal project.

Related to this comes this topic question: Am I following the correct order or is there any course missing in the middle?

The course order .txt goes like:

1. PHP Basic - 274min

2. PHP Misc. - 141min

3. PHP and MySQL Basics - 105min

4. PHP CRUD + Pagenation - 90min

And the downloads zips/folders do not contain any "PHP Misc" that I could find. It is really confusing and I'm wondering if maybe I'm having trouble because I am missing those files. I am sure I downloaded all of the ones on the download page. Hope somebody can give me any pointers on either the difficulty jump or if I am indeed missing files.

I attach the finder image with the .txt and all the folders I got from the site, which I had to order and name myself because they were all mixed up. :c

Thanks in advance!

The course is pretty thorough however when you first get started this can get to feel overwhelming at first. My personal opinion is you have to give yourself the time to go through the entire course, even if you don't fully understand what you are watching. The idea here is that you will start to see the bigger picture and how the code starts to tie together. When you go back through a second time you will feel less intimidated and the smaller things that might seem to be flying past you will become much easier to absorb the second go around. if you get stuck hit the forum here and someone will help you out.

• Like 1

Bel, sorry you're having trouble with the CRUD videos. From my perspective, as the author, I assumed as I was recording those videos that you would have a pretty solid understanding of PHP -- standard operators, working with functions, that sort of thing. My course wasn't really recorded with the others in mind -- it wasn't necessarily recorded with an idea that it would be part of a specific sequence. Based on what I know of the first three, I would think that those would give you the foundation for understanding my course... but if you have any specific questions, you're welcome to post them and I'll do my best to help.