Lightbox

Graeme

I think this was partially answered in other posts, but here are a couple options...

-- Use Photoshop or another graphics editing program to manually standardize all the thumbnail sizes

-- Use something like PHP to create each of the thumbnails for you, cropping them down to a standard size (I'm not sure, but this may be over your head)

-- you could wrap each of the thumnails in a div, and give that div a fixed height and width, with overflow:hidden. This would work if all the thumnails were a consistent horizontal size. Any areas of the thumnail that were larger than the wrapper div would just be hidden.

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for the reply. I kind of like the idea of the overflow:hidden in a Div but the images are not a consistent horizontal size. I did think about having only a sample of the larger image in the thumbnail but was too inexperienced to think that was the way to go. I visited a site where the the thumbnails seemed to be the same as the larger images when opened at

http://www.larosa.co.uk/gallery.html

In the instance of the overflow:hidden in a Div am I on the right lines with the following code and would this do for each thumbnail in the gallery?

img.left-img{ /* Float any image to the LEFT and give it some margin */

font-size:1em;

float:left;

border: 6px solid #fff;

margin-bottom:1.8em;

margin-right:1.8em;

margin-top:0.3em;

}

Thank you so much I really appreciate.

Best wishes

Graeme

Hello All,

I'm still having a little bother with the positioning of the thumbnails in my gallery. I use a Div of

div class=".imgholder">

along with the following in my CSS

.imgholder {

padding: 5px;

margin: 5px;

border: 10px solid #000000;

background-color: #FFF;

float: left;

}

I would like a thickish black border on each thumbnail and wrap each of the thumnails in a div, and give that div a fixed height and width, with overflow:hidden.

At the moment everything is good aart from the thumbnails which are in the usual blue border for images with links!

Also would I be better using a table to contaon the thumbnails or use a float in Divs?

Thank you as always,

Best wishes

Graeme