understanding databases

I am very new to the computer and web design. I know I have bitten off more than I can chew, but I am hoping there is help for me here. I have downloaded MySQL Workbench and have designed a database by watching a billion tutorials for an online movie rental system. I do understand what I have on paper. I don't understand how to get this information to my website? How do I enter a movie list? Is there a place for me?

It will be online so far I have programmed all the html. I have written the database down on paper to understand how each table relates to each other. Then I get confused there are so many programs out there that are the golden egg. I have download a MySQL Workbench which is a free database builder i have tried to install WAMP but MySQL and WAMP don't communticate well something about passwords.

Well, then the next step is to build the database using MySQL workbench and add the contents. Once the database is built, you should be able to export it from MySQL workbench and add to your web hosting (most likely via PHPMyAdmin.)

Can you expand upon the issues you are getting with WAMP? I've never personally had any problems with it.

Well I installed MySQL first and then I installed WAMP and when I try to open myphpadmin I get this message

Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't WAMP come with MySQL? If so, could it be conflicting with the MySQL you installed?

Yeah, WAMP comes with MySQL, so it's quite possible you are getting some sort of conflict. If possible, (especially if you haven't started doing any actual database creation) I'd suggest deinstalling MySQL and WAMP, and then just reinstalling WAMP.

Fair enough I have removed MySQL and re installed WAMP now I get

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user '.root'.

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user '.root'.

If this is a server that other computers access, it may be a cause for concern, but since this is just your personal computer, you shouldn't have any issues. You can safely ignore this warning.

I would be very interested in a tutorial that explains databases. I always have to get outside help when it comes to installing the databases on the server and adding it to the website.

Is there a plain English tutorial that explains how to set one up and implement it?

99% of the time, you don't need to install anything in order to get a database up and running (unless you run your own server, rather than getting hosting for an external company.) It's just a matter of setting up a database using your hosting control panel. This using a version of cpanel -- it may not match up exactly with what you see on your hosting control panel -- but the basics are all the same.

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php-mysql/mysql_database_user.htm