inserting images

nijinski

Hi - newbie here!!

i'm new to web design & to dreamweaver but been getting fantastic help over at css forum.

anyway my issue is about inserting images. i've created an images folder for all my images. jpg & gif.

i've created many product pages & inserted images. no problem until today. got some images & dropped them into folder. was able to use some but not others.

obviously i tried to see what was different about these images & cant really narrow it down. except - when i use the insert image wizard the images in question dont show in preview where the others do. on some occasions i will get a grey box showing a 'broken' image (i think thats what it is - its a dreamweaver icon) where i have inserted the image

ok its probably a simple one but its got me stumped.

cheers

Yes, if you're just dragging, the file name should be right. You still haven't clearly stated what it is that does not work. In post #3, the only thing with img is

looks good to me, and should work. It would be better if you could upload any pages with any problems, post a link, and be specific as to what is NOT working properly.

In post #5, the only thing with img is

light-jhxx

which is a link to an image - you'd have to click the word light-jhxx and a new window would open with only an image in it - not even a webpage. Did you use the wrong wizard?

light-jh004.jpg

the first one is working & second is not. not sure what the difference is?if second one is a link to an image - why would certain images try to create a link when dragged into div & not just show as an image?

note: all the images that i have a problem with come from the same supplier although some do work. when dragger into the div the image will not appear but rather the image name will appear in top left corner.

Image unproperly exported will do this sometimes. I had an issue where a "Print" designer (Not a Web Designer) was supplying me images for a website. Most of them didn't work because it wasn't exported for the Web. So these images couldn't be rendered by a browser. But mostly it happens that IE cannot render such images (is anyone surprised?).

however i found that Firefox renders these images without a problem. If you find that Firefox is not rendering them either, then it's a whole other issue there.

perhaps i'm not explaining very well

in dreamweaver if i look at my files panel I can see all my files listed. if i select 'assets' panel & highlight one of the problem images I dont get a preview (just this generic icon in preview pane). if i select another good image I see the preview.

i'v handled these much the same as all images & examined them & all appear ok - but cannot drag into my page in the usual way.

hope that clearer!!!