REFERENCE GUIDE & DREAMWEAVER 4 VS CS3 VS CS4

Guest jwtobin

Guest jwtobin

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

I HAVE COMPLETED THE HTML, CSS AND PHP TUTORIALS. I DEVELOPED A VERY SIMPLE WEB SITE BUT IT REQUIRED MULTIPLE REVISITS TO THE TUTORIALS.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMENT A HARD COPY REFERENCE GUIDE FOR HTML AND CSS?

READY OR NOT I WANT TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL. I HAVE FOUND DREAMWEAVER 4 FOR AS LITTLE AT $40. SHOULD I START THERE OR BITE THE BULLET AND GO FOR CS4?

THANKS

BILL :/

Yea, Caps is considered shouting for the last few hundred years of print media, it is considered rude unless it is a news paper headline saying the Titanic sunk.

DW4 is fine, it is the developer and not the tool. For that matter you can use a free editor or even Notepad, just editors are better as they color code the code so mistakes are easier to pick out.

Hard copies are not to ideal. "How to build killer websites" is likely east to pick up cheap... but again it was written in the 90's with those tools and standards... print material is out of date fast and not updated easily. I have one of the first German language books published on HTML back in 2000. It actually claims XHTML is a form of HTML and is replacing HTML. Stick with the web, it updates faster and is free. Find bad advice, loose the link.

Just use a free editor till you have learned to code, then if you want spend money on the best tool for you, not just the best known. Alternative Editors for Web Development