complete and utter dummie

Guest dontsacyourself

Guest dontsacyourself

I bought a domain name and have adobe dreamweaver. I have no idea how to work dreamweaver and an even less i dea about publishing it using go daddy. I want to start by just posting a single photo but i dont know how to combine the two programs. I would appreciate any help what-so-ever

I'm assuming you have not just the domain name, but also a hosting account? Is it Godaddy's website by nite or similar? If so, forget Dreamweaver, you won't be able to upload via FTP, anyway. Check the instructions you have from Godaddy regarding any hosting account you may or not have with them.

You can't just publish a photo. It will have to be embedded in a HTML web page. That you create with Dreamwever or better by hand while your learning using notepad or some such program.

Then the page and the photo will have to be uploaded to the hosting server. Either per FTP as mentioned or they will have a tool to upload the page and the photo for you.

You need to learn how to do things first, read the GoDaddy help.

Go through the tutorials on Killersites main site.