Can't make photo gallery smaller

Corinne

I am new at webdesign and i am trying to put plogger.org a photo gallery into a webpage.

I got it in but it is too wide, does anyone know how to make it smaller here is a link to the site.

ww w.trist ark9.co m/photos.php

Thank you for any help and if you have any other suggestions that would be great.

I am using a gallery like this because there will be lots of pictures.

I did try to use a div and just make it smaller but that did not work......that would have been to easy.

Thanks in advance,

Corinne

Ouch tables...

At a quick glance it seems that you have put your gallery and search box into your "wrapper div" which is 960 wide and the table width you have given it in the html code is 100% so that would be 960px. The whole thing pokes out of the side and overwrites the right column. Try putting your code in your content div which is smaller.

ThanksVirtual, i thought i tried that i will look again. I think i do have it in my content area which is 518px wide (i think).

I don't have tables except for a pedigree on tobie's page or are you meaning the plogger gallery is done in tables? . can i ask where did you find the code for the table width at 100% ?

Do you know of any other photo gallery that would be good to use, there will be lots and lots of pictures from her trials.

Thank you for looking....i will try and find the table width:D

edit to say:

Duh....I just put the php code in I did not see what the code actually looked like, I can mabe figure this out now. And if you have suggestions for a good gallery without tables I would love some recommendations.....thanks again

Edited by Corinne

Thanks again Virtual:):)

I did figure it out (first time for everything). They had a div id named wrapper and I also had the same so the gallery was using my wrapper div which was wider. Thanks for mentioning the wrapper that helped me figure it out.

Corinne

falkencreative,

Thank you....lots of good stuff on that link you sent.

I have so much to learn, I am learning as I go which creates alot of work and do overs at times.

This site and all of you have taught me sooooo much, but still have a long way to go.

Now I need to go through my css and condence it, I think I have alot of the same stuff just different classes. I guess that what happen when you are designing as you go(well when I design as I go).

I love doing this, It is just hard to put what I have in my mind on the screen.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Corinne

Hi Eric,

I like your gallery, and thanks for all the work you put into site to help us all out.

I would have at the minimum 50+ pictures that she would want up on her site. Sorry if this is a stupid question but approx. how many pictures could I have with a gallary like this without it effecting down load time of the page?

P.S your wife is very cute (my husband is sitting beside me and said this)

P.P.S....if i new your were that good looking, i would have been asking you questions sooner (my husband just slapped me:) )

Thanks for your help,

Corinne

Hello

I don't think that would be too slow. You can judge for yourself though. Here on my other site I have over 200 full size and thumbnail size images loading on the same page, all things considered, I don't think it's all that slow. Depending on the conection speed ofcourse.

http://www.ericwwatson.com/portfolio.php

Edited by Eric