Membership Payment Site - Help

MayReich

Hi!

I have thoughts about starting up an internet business. I would like to create a membership site around my interest. The problem is that i'm not so good at the technical parts and wondering how much time it requires to learn the programming languages to setup a website where I can accept monthly payments for members. The content is not a problem, but I don't really know where to start. I would like to create something similar to brainvale .com, sixpackshortcuts .com or universityofmakeup .com. But I would not want one time payment, a monthly subscription.

Could anyone give some advice how I can start? or does it cost much to hire a professional programmer to setup a site similar to these membership sites above?

Regards, May Reich

Hi,

Depends on what you know now. If you are a total noob to web design and programming, then this would be daunting to build from scratch. The best solution is to find a CMS (content management system) like Drupal, Joomla and even a lightweight one like Wordpress and see if there are plugins out there that would allow you the features you are looking for.

... Once you've researched that, you might want to hire an experienced web programmer.

Stefan