How do I add sounds like a jingle when the home page opens?

Bobby Nunley

This is common code for an audio file:-

You should be able to see a sound controller now, but if you see this, you're browser doesn't support the appropriate element or ActiveX is disabled.

Edit autostart="false" to autostart="true" to start on page load, but what happens if a viewer is already listening to his favorit tune? There will be a conflict. Most people on this board will suggest that you add a controller and have the sound off so that a viewer can start it if he wants.

You may have to add controller="true" with autostart="false" to give a viewer the choice but in my test the above code shows a default controller.

Doesn't sound like he wants an actual controller. Don't really know without Googling myself, but, can't you place that code in the head, or give it a zero height/width (or something) so there is no visible controller? From the sounds of it, he only wants one short little sound, so it should'nt be that big of a deal...

Retro 90's - Jurassic Web Design

Movie analogies - love them! I rarely have an argument (discussion) with out them. Wifey is sick of them though.

You a big movie buff I take it? So am I (and my family). I haven't missed a new release in quite a long time. Have you seen "Quarentine" yet? Very scary movie! My wife physically couldn't watch the last fifteen minutes.

No... I only watch things when NetFlix gets them, it is on the waiting list. Was at the site though. I like my movies, but mostly horror, SciFi and war. That quote always seemed so perfect for web design when noobies want to do things for coolness and not usefulness.