Hello from Jeremy (prefer being called Jez)

jsmith1981

Hi there,

I have spoken briefly to Stef he's a great guy very impressed with the tutorials on youtube given me allot of insight into what some people (really just himself) but into what's going on in web dev which is great really very impressed, very politely put too.

Just really looking forward to helping out if I can in anyway? Big fan of the open source community and feel I want to put back in what I can of what I have taken from it in a manner of speaking (taught myself) but I want to aid others.

I spent 3 years on a degree in Computer Science at Leeds University and like to delve into technologies on a practical level, even getting under the hood and appreciating why we have Higher Level Languages like PHP (I think it's great!) But going back to the finer workings of Assembly (it's a complex language but very interesting if you're willing to give it a chance, I think so anyways), studying at the moment the K&R book on ANSI C the most notable book when C became a standard rather than this mish mash of functions people wrote into C, they stripped it down to what was useful in what other developers have created (ultimately founding the ANSI standard for C).

Does anyone know how to, sorry I will explain the problem as best I can I have this problem basically, where I have done a few commands to generate my own Secure Layer Encryption using Apache 2 on Centos 5.7.

Just to see if I could actually do this, works perfectly (though I need to bump up the security on little bits of it (only allowing myself on a few IPs to access the site itself), but its only giving me a month worth of usage on my self signed certificate.

On genkey command using this command here:

genkey mysubdomain.domain.com

If you're able to use that command yourself (or if someone knows of this command) it will invoke a GUI in text mode if you are logged in via SSH (me personally using Putty, but that's irrelevant to my question) when it generates this self signed certificate there.

But how would one extend it's life time more than just 1 month?

I much appreciate any replies in advance (if any) and I look forward to helping out and taking an active role in this community,

Jeremy (aka Jez).