Problem with Spanish Characters in XML

AJohn360

I have been fighting with XML Spanish Characters in XML i have try so many Encoding tag for it to work but its noting

i have tried <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> , also i tried <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> too its still the same and not working for my Spanish characters such as é á . instead of showing it as output its showing another letter

i don't know if the platform i am working on have any thing to do with the encoding because am currently working on the windows platform but am sure <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> and <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> works on UNIX platform .

Please i need help with this Thanks.

Edited by AJohn360

Just a thought... do you have the same encoding in both the XML file and in your HTML/PHP? If you are able to save the file with the correct characters, the issue may not be with the XML file encoding, but with the HTML/PHP?

Both encoding are the same i don't know if that is the problem or somthing is missing i have google to hell and solution yet !

I have my html encoding like this

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<title>Untitled Document</title>

</head>

and i have my XML encoding like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"standalone"YES"?>

that is what i have so far for but html and xml encoding

Edited by AJohn360

This:

looks funny to me. I'm pretty sure this isn't your problem, but from a basic syntax perspective, I would think you would need

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Have you tried a setup where both the XML and the HTML file use the "ISO-8859-1" encoding? What code are you using to access/display the contents of the XML file? (and, to be clear, you aren't having trouble saving these characters within the XML file, correct? It's only when you try to access and output the characters from the XML file that you are having trouble?)

This:

looks funny to me. I'm pretty sure this isn't your problem, but from a basic syntax perspective, I would think you would need

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Have you tried a setup where both the XML and the HTML file use the "ISO-8859-1" encoding? What code are you using to access/display the contents of the XML file? (and, to be clear, you aren't having trouble saving these characters within the XML file, correct? It's only when you try to access and output the characters from the XML file that you are having trouble?)

Well i have make use of both ISO-8859-1 where i am having problem is the output of my Spanish characters and in my html file i make use of the same encoding for xml and html file example in my xml file i have words like missión with charaters like ó but my output in html is missyn problem like that.

• 2 years later...

i have a problem with a token art

i create a token with the type Faerie Rogue and have an image with filename Faerie Rogue.full.jpg but it does not appear.

Others arts appear and they all are in the same directory.

What can be the problem?

You shouldn't have two periods in your filename - spaces are also not a good idea and can cause problems. Change your image name to FaerieRogue_full.jpg and make sure to update your path, and see if that fixes things.