css background image

wasi.cjr

hi,

I am using ruby on rails to build a website. I want to have a full screen background image.

After spending a lot of time searching on google, i tried this in my css file:

body {

background: url(bgimage.jpg);

}

I got the image repeated all over the page. I just want the image to fit the entire web page. I don't want any repetition.

any suggestion?

Thanks,

wasi

I got the image repeated all over the page. I just want the image to fit the entire web page. I don't want any repetition.

any suggestion?

I don't have a lot of experience with CSS but I usually just increase the size of the image. A larger image = less space for repetition

First off, how large is that image you are using? Secondly, add no-repeat to the end of your background property to stop it from repeating itself.

Finally, trying to get a background image to fit within a framework of the web page is one thing but if you are trying to make it fit the full screen of whatever monitor/resolution size is a whole different issue altogether.

First off, how large is that image you are using? Secondly, add no-repeat to the end of your background property to stop it from repeating itself.

Finally, trying to get a background image to fit within a framework of the web page is one thing but if you are trying to make it fit the full screen of whatever monitor/resolution size is a whole different issue altogether.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure as to what image i will be using. I want the background image to cover up the entire browser.