borders on tables

Fortebello

I have a question about web design.

In a table, I want to put a background of a rectangle with rounded edges. I used PhotoShop to create the rounded rectangle. I saved it as a .png file and placed the graphic into the table using the background attribute it the table tag. So far so good.

The problem I have is that the rounded edge on the left side of the table is fine, but I cannot get the graphic to automatically fit the table so the rounded edge appears on the right side of the table also. So what I have now is a lopsided rounded rectangle with a pointy edge on the upper right.. You can see the results of my little creation at www.hearttransactions.com. Any advice you may be able to give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

In short -- you really can't, if you are using a table that changes width. The only way around that would be to use multiple images, one for the left corner, and one for the right, and make one a background on the table (left aligned) and one on an element wrapping the table (right aligned).

As Andrea said though, tables are intended to be used for tabular data, not layout.