Why does killersites.com have so many javascript errors?

SiliconValleyGuy

I just joined the site, and am surprised to be presented with a barrage of Javascript errors when I view the site with IE8:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:39:54 UTC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line: 471
Char: 464
Code: 0
URI: http://www.killersites.com/community/public/min/index.php?g=js

instanceMethods.getElementsByClassName=Prototype.BrowserFeatures.XPath?function(element,className){className=className.toString().strip();var cond=/\s/.test(className)?$w(className).map(iter).join(''):iter(className);return cond?document._getElementsByXPath('.//*'+cond,element):[];}:function(element,className){className=className.toString().strip();var elements=[],classNames=(/\s/.test(className)?$w(className):null);if(!classNames&&!className)return elements;var nodes=$(element).getElementsByTagName('*');className=' '+className+' ';for(var i=0,child,cn;child=nodes[i];i++){if(child.className&&(cn=' '+child.className+' ')&&(cn.include(className)||(classNames&&classNames.all(function(name){return!name.toString().blank()&&cn.include(' '+name+' ');}))))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line: 25
Char: 264
URI: http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js

...else{if((z=t.getElementById(v[2]))&&z.parentNode){if(z.id!==v[2])return f.find(j);this.length=1;this[0]=z}this.context=t;this.selector=j;return this}else if(!s&&!x.test(j)){this.selector=j;this.context=t;j=t.getElementsByTagName(j);return b.merge(this,j)}else return!s||s.jquery?(s||f).find(j):b(s).find(j);else if(b.isFunction(j))return f.ready(j);if(j.selector!=={this.selector=j.selector;this.context=j.context}return b.makeArray(j,this)},selector:"",jquery:"1.4.4",length:0,size:function(){return this.length},
Line: 7123
Char: 2
URI: http://www.killersites.com/community/
jQuery("div#networkdropdown").hover( function() {},...
Line: 6286
Char: 2
URI: http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/forum/23-open-forum/

Please tell me this is just a glitch today and not a representation of the way the site usually works.

Ben,

Thank you very much for the quick reply and for resolving the Javascript errors that I reported. Yes, by "the site", I did mean the KS Forums. I'm not seeing the errors anymore following your update.

I did just notice another error -- I'm not sure if it's related. It only shows up when I'm not logged in...

If I'm not logged in and click on a Forum topic, www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/topic/(topic id number)..., I receive the error "'null' is null or not an object" on $('multiq_(...variable id number...)').show();

The error appears once for each reply that has been posted to the topic.

The error does not appear when I'm logged in.

Thanks again!

If I'm not logged in and click on a Forum topic, www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/topic/(topic id number)..., I receive the error "'null' is null or not an object" on $('multiq_(...variable id number...)').show();

I'll have to take a look at this and see if there is anything I can do about it. That particular error is something to do with the forum software itself, not something I've written.