how to design this page using php and javascript

srinivasa

I would very grateful to you for your invaluable replies to my previous queries(admin not working post)

now admin login is succesful...then i shd redirect to page(yet to design) as shown in the image file that i have attached with these criteria

i have created database and tables(that also uploaded)

Product Store listing page

*This page will list all the products from all product categories and all sub-

categories.

*On click of any product name the product image should open as a popup.

*Operation column has two things Edit and Delete actions, which a user

*can take for any product in the listing page by clicking on the icon Edit and Delete

*Edit action should take to Edit Page (yet to design)

*Delete action prompt confirmation message asking” Do you want to delete: Yes or No”

*To delete multiple products in one action use Check All/Uncheck All then

*select from drop down menu Delete like any mailbox.

*Pagination required like maximum of 8 products.

(Each page would display as shown in image file)

so please give me ideas where shd i start to achieve designing this......

waiting for your reply..........

srinivas

project.zip

Well, you just have to break it down into individual tasks. I put together something basic a while ago which might help you get an idea of the direction you want to go: http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/topic/1969-basic-php-system-vieweditdeleteadd-records/

Are you sure there isn't some existing product management/shopping cart software you could use for this? I get the feeling you know very little about PHP and if this is intended to be put on a live website, you are opening your client/yourself up to some major security risks if you don't know what you are doing, especially if you are dealing with credit cards and other people's money. Make sure to read up on PHP/MySQL security -- it's really important.

categories.

That would be done with a MySQL statement and a loop. Exactly what that statement would look like depends on your database... You'd probably need to:

- loop through each of your categories one at a time

---- loop through each of the subcategories within the current category

------- loop through and display each of the products within the current subcategory

---- restart the loop within the next subcategory, repeating this process until all the different subcategories/products within those subcategories within the current category are displayed

- restart the loop with the next category, repeating the process until all the categories (and subcategories/products within the category) are displayed.

You'd probably want to create a product image page for this. You would pass it the id of the product through the URL (ex: yoursite.com/product-image.php?id=22) and the PHP script would display the correct image based on the id

Operation column has two things Edit and Delete actions

Again, you'd want to create your links so that they include the id of the product you want to edit or delete. (ex: yoursite.com/product-delete.php?id=22)

Delete action prompt confirmation message asking” Do you want to delete: Yes or No

One way to do this would be to use the javascript confirm() function: http://www.psacake.com/web/iw.asp

To delete multiple products in one action use Check All/Uncheck All then select from drop down menu Delete like any mailbox.

Not sure, you'll have to research/experiment with this. You'd probably use javascript to check/uncheck all the checkboxes, and then PHP to delete all of the records that are checked.

Not sure, though I am sure you will find some pagination tutorials if you do a Google search or two.

• 13 years later...
On 4/23/2010 at 11:32 AM, srinivasa said:

I would very grateful to you for your invaluable replies to my previous queries(admin not working post)

now admin login is succesful...then i shd redirect to page(yet to design) as shown in the image file that i have attached with these criteria

i have created database and tables(that also uploaded)

Product Store listing page

categories.

*Operation column has two things Edit and Delete actions, which a user

*can take for any product in the listing page by clicking on the icon Edit and Delete

*Edit action should take to Edit Page (yet to design)

*Delete action prompt confirmation message asking” Do you want to delete: Yes or No”

*To delete multiple products in one action use Check All/Uncheck All then

*select from drop down menu Delete like any mailbox.

(Each page would display as shown in image file)

so please give me ideas where shd i start to achieve designing this......

waiting for your reply..........

Hi guys

To start designing the Product Store listing page with the mentioned criteria, you can begin by creating the HTML structure of the page.