Is there an office job more frustrating than Web Development/Programming?

LSW

I must say yes... Accounting!

I had to run a process to day involving a final sum of money from 18 employers. One of those employers goofed up rounding off the cents on 16 employees. Our system only recognizes even numbers and not the odd numbers of those 16. So it rounded them off itself and my final total was 16 cents hire than what was expected and what the employer payed us.

So it took us a good hour to find the problem, now the accountant has to contact the Employer for:

A) They pay us the 16 cents and he has to re-run his reports.

B) They send him a corrected file, he process the file and tells me, I then have to re-run my batch process with all the other employers again and hope the sum is correct on both ends.

All for 16 cents.

How many of you throw that in the jar at the cash register? Or tell the cash register to keep it? What can you even buy with 16 cents? Yet the state must now pay me a coule hours extra work, the same for the accountant... just for 16 cents.

blink.gif

Does it get dumber/more frustrating that that? Accountants now sit at my respect meter with Sumariners and Astronauts. Not a job I want.