dreamweaver design preview SHIFTED

Ant

I'm going through the motions of learning css and basic page building.

I'm using DW8.

I am practicing my positioning, images text etc.

Why is it that in my dreamweaver DESIGN view all my DIVS are not lined up and contained in my wrapper div, but when I preview it in firefox etc everything looks (correct) like what I am trying to recreate.

Basically in dreamweaver my nav/content/right column/(divs) are lined up BUT offset to the right of my header div.

It's really not helpful to look at the design view if all those divs are shifted incorrectly.

Also my nav overlaps my header by a few pixels on the DESIGN view but everything is lined up properly in the browser preview.

I cant help but think this is NOT a DW glitch but instead my error. But then why would my browser preview be correct.

Ant

Most likely DW. Dreamweaver is an editor, it may try to act like a browser but it is not and so shows things one off. The only trustworthy way to test is to do so on the browsers that will use it.

Thanks.

I cant believe DW has such a bad flaw like that.

Dreamweaver is a great tool, but never use Design View, or if you do, just to visually highlight the part you need to work on in the code. Even in CS3 it sucks. In any case you should always test your work in different browsers i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari and the different versions of IE, where if you think Dreamweaver has flaws you will be in for a surprise. It's also good to test cross platform or ask someone on Mac to do it for you.