Wordpress changing theme .gifs

jp612

Hi all. I've got a bit of trouble with wordpress im trying to change the overall look of the theme...

what i tried to do was change the header_top.gif to a new one i designed. I went into the style.css and changed

#headline p { background:url(img/headline_top.gif) no-repeat left top; padding:26px 15px 22px; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px; margin:0; line-height:100%; text-align:center; }^M

to

#headline p { background:url(img/new-headline_top.gif) no-repeat left top; padding:26px 15px 22px; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px; margin:0; line-height:100%; text-align:center; }^M

i saved and reloaded the page however nothing has changed. then i renamed the default headline_top.gif to see if there would be a error but when i reloaded it was still unchanged.

Whats going on?

Any help would be great :D

No im designing the website offline and i wont be able to get it on the internet very easily... :(

I'm using the monochrome theme and i haven't done much to it so far. I just realized, i think i changed a completely different image than what i want but i cant see any change.

*click on preview this will give you the chance to right-click -> view background image.

If you do that you can see that the image is a tiny bit of the top of the website under the header. which wasn't the image i changed. I't looks like the header doesn't have a image to it rather it being the whole background colour of the website.

could i add a variable to the style sheet defining how the background should look without changing the whole background of the website?

Ahh yes! i have found the div "header" in the stylesheet and i am able to change its colour. :D

Nearly there!!

If you follow the previous link and click preview on the right you will get a sort-of interactive preview where you can go to the top bit (where the top menu is) right click ->view background image. and you will see a little design of the website. when i changed the colour this little bit was cut off

Screenshot-wordpress-01-MozillaFire.jpg

here is a screenshot of it

notice the cut off bit is the background image.

How can i add my background and keep the little design thing?