Chapter 6 -Lesson 5 Missing Code

mgreer58

Stefan,

I was reviewing Lesson 6, and wanted to look at the styling code for the float example.  Particularly, I wanted to see why the floating div was under a particular line, but, it appears that this code was not in the download for CSS.

-Mike

I looked for it again tonight, to see if the page may have been included either in a lesson before or after.  The webpage has an h1 of "Display none, visibility and floats".  I can't find it anywhere, and, really would like to see it, because of its float demonstration.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I did manage to figure out a couple of things about float.  It helped to just push on with the course.

I hit a bit of a wall at the beginning of Chapter 7 of the course.  The pace picked up a bit.  I reviewed all the previous material and rearranged it into a more logical order.  Not a criticism.  I realize that a teaching order, and a reference order, are two different animals.  I just rearranged my notes on the material in more of a reference manner.  Oh, and, I also ordered your book☺️.  I hope you don't mind, I ordered a used copy🙄.

Today, I'm drinking water from a fire hose.  I watched a couple of videos on how to set up my Raspberry Pi as a web server.  I currently have a web server now at home, albeit, not accessible by anyone outside of my home network.  At least now, I have a place to start building my website.

I'm just about finished with your CSS course.  A lot of material, but, laid out in a very entertaining manner.

-Mike