Site navigation v internal navigation format problem

oohrogerpalmer

Hello

I've created a css page that provides a format for hyperlinked text in my html files.

It works great for internal links but for the site navigation, the text is going straight to a:visited format.

I tested it out by putting two lines next to each other and viewing it in the browser.

Home

The "Back to top" text was green- color:#228b22 (my a:link colour) but the text "Home" was brown - color:#964514 (my a:visited colour)

I changed the bit "index.html" to "#top" and had another look in the browser> Both showed as the link colour.

Has anyone experienced this before or is there something special about site navigation that makes the text behave differently compared to the internal links?

I've been trying stuff out all afternoon but don't really want to move on until I know whats happening.

If you need any more info I'm happy to post whatever might be useful.

Thanks in advance - also apologies if this should be in a different forum, but I am using a css.

Sounds simple enough to me -- you just probably haven't clicked the #top link just yet, yet you have clicked the home link. Click the $top link, then refresh the page, and both should show the visited color.

You could always set the a:visited color the same as the a:link, at least, just for the main site navigation. Depends on how important usability is to you, since I know differentiating clicked links from unclicked links can come in handy at times.

Hello again sir.

I'm going to upload the pages and see if it still does it - been driving me bonkers all afternoon.

http://www.hamberie.com/dunwoodtest/index.html.

It's very rough, but the "Home" navigation above the "Back to Top" text at the bottom keeps showing brown instead of green like the rest of the buttons.

Sorry that took so long to reply, the kitten thinks that when I push her away it's because she's not trying hard enough to be noticed.

See if it does it for you too.

Thanks again for the help yesterday. Brilliant stuff.

Edited by oohrogerpalmer