Is it OK to use templates

Graeme

Hello All,

I was wondering if it is 'OK' to use temlpates?

I found a design that matches just what I was trying to do but thought, hang on, I really didn't set it up. I looked at all the coding and I fully understand it, then tweaked it a little.

Thank you,

Best wishes

Graeme

I'd say it is fine, as long as the template's terms allow its use. The only downside is that if it is for a "professional" portfolio or something similar, people who visit may recognize the template, and question your ability.

If it is for a client's site, I think that it is OK as long as you didn't specify they would be getting a custom design/custom coded site, and that they understand that you are using a template.

Thanks Benjamin,

It is an ideal temlpate, just what I'm looking for and meets all the requirements you mention. I'll use it after some tweaking and obviously mention the original designer. It's just that I was thinking should I code it again from scratch. I understand how everything goes together and the layout butthought should I not be coding it.

Best wishes

Graeme

Hello Benjamin,

It's a great basic template that is coded well so I'm going to tweak it and add some more. It's just that I sort of thought should I do it from scratch, but having read your replies and the links you suggested I guess it's all OK.

Is it common practice to use temlates or both?

Thank you.

Best wishes

Graeme