Unable To Access Phpmyadmin

Bridget

Hopefully you can assist as I am very new to web stuff, but working on a project at the moment. I have downloaded WAMP and all seems to be in order except, I seem to have an issue with using phpmyadmin I get an error - Error

MySQL said: Documentation

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this so I can get started on my project - I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

You get this error when trying to access PHPMyAdmin in your browser, correct?

Have you changed any usernames or passwords since you installed WAMP? Passwords used to access MySQL? It should work automatically by default, without any changes. Basically, the error is saying your username or password is incorrect.

Personally, I would deinstall and reinstall, in case that fixes it.

You get this error when trying to access PHPMyAdmin in your browser, correct?

Have you changed any usernames or passwords since you installed WAMP? Passwords used to access MySQL? It should work automatically by default, without any changes. Basically, the error is saying your username or password is incorrect.

Personally, I would deinstall and reinstall, in case that fixes it.

Thank you Ben,

I have not changed any passwords so I do not know what the problem is ... I was trying to avoid the deinstall and reinstal - looks like it is the only solution to this one, but thank you

B