do not understand errors

grabenair

I am getting these errors and do not understand why. The code is exactly the way it is in the tut that I am working on and it work fine for them.

Warning: array_walk() [function.array-walk]: The argument should be an array in /home/sassy/public_html/cms/core/functions/users.php on line 5

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sassy/public_html/cms/core/functions/users.php on line 7

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`user_id` = . 24' at line 1

function update_user($update_data){

global $session_user_id;

$update = array();

array_walk($update_data, 'array_sanitize');

foreach($update_data as $field=>$data){

$update[] = '`' . $field . '` = \'' . $data . '\'';

}

mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET" . implode(', ', $update) . "WHERE `user_id` = . $session_user_id") or die(mysql_error());

}

For the array_walk() error, make sure that $update_data is an array. Based on your error, it sounds like $update_data isn't an array. You might use is_array() to double check.

I think at least a partial fix of the mysql_query on this line:

mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET" . implode(', ', $update) . "WHERE `user_id` = . $session_user_id") or die(mysql_error());

is this:

mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET " . implode(', ', $update) . " WHERE `user_id` = . $session_user_id") or die(mysql_error());

Note the space after "SET" and before "WHERE".

This is weird now I am getting this error and was not before.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '`' in /home/sassy/public_html/cms/core/functions/users.php on line 7

Line 7 is this line, right?

$update[] = '`' . $field . '` = \'' . $data . '\'';

I'm not having any trouble with that line -- I've tested it on my machine and it works fine for me.

yes sir also sorry it took so long to get back to you my email is wrong here I need to change it but do not know my password. I just used the default one and my pc crashed so i lost my password file. Also how did you make color syntex it is so much easier to read? If it would help you help this php rookie out I can send you info on how to log in and see all my code in a pm.

Edited by grabenair

There is a missing password form, which should be fine as long as you know your username. http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=lostpass. If that won't work for you for some reason, PM me your new email address and I can change your account.

You can add code highlighting by enclosing the code within

(no spaces -- I had to add a space to make it show up in this post.) You can insert that by clicking the code button in the toolbar when creating a post (it looks like "<>".)

Yes, if you PM me the details I can take a look, though I can't obviously guarantee I'll be able to spot the error.