Urgent Help Needed for Peru

Serge

Hi,

my name is Serge I am a belgian citizen living in south Peru. Via via I came to help a group of organic farmers with setting up their website. It all had to be done fro free for lack of funding.

Now I managed to build something, drag and drop, at Weebly and we are quiet satisfied with the result and what we want. Now there are only two matters left. One is the email which I am trying to set up through Google, the one where it redirects somehow. Still waiting for an answer from Goolgle regarding this setup. Help is needed here.

And secondly we would like to change the way people see us on their screen. How do you change that?

In name of the group I thank any and all of you who will find it in their harts to answer us with help.

Sincerely

Serge

Do you have a link to your site?

Where do you host? Usually, hosing accounts come with email.

How do you expect us to suggest change if we don't know what you currently have?

What do you want to be redirected to where?

Do you have a link to your site?

Where do you host? Usually, hosing accounts come with email.

How do you expect us to suggest change if we don't know what you currently have?

What do you want to be redirected to where?

Andrea,

First of all thank you for replying.

I hope you bare with me seeing that I am a real zero to the left when it comes to all this stuff.So much so that I replied to myself and not you. I did my best and let me tell you I do not envy people with the knowledge to create stuff like this.

I created here http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php and it says PUBLISH. I did and they told me to got to my domain register and change some settings wich I did and actually when you put this:www.elefante-verde.com, in your browser the page shows up.

My problem is with the email. In the page there is a contact form which works; I write and it arrives at my hotmail. No problem. Now I would like to have an email that says info@elefante-verde.com. So I looked around and found the Google Apps thing. I registered there and I am waiting on an answer from them, checking if I own the domain. They said 48 hours but that is passed and still have not received the password. Maybe I did somthing wrong.

What we need is an email setting like Google.

The other thing is if you google elefante-verde.com what shows up on the screen needs to be changed, you know the title and the info How do I go about changing that?

This is basicaly it.

my domain is at onlydomains.com. If you need my account name and password to see the settings here they are

Your help and input is greatly apreciated, thank you very much.

Regards

Serge

For starters, IMMEDIATELY log into your registrar account (where you have the domain) and change the password!!!! Right NOW - and never ever again post any username and password on any public forum. I removed them from here, but there is no telling who may have seen them before I did.

In the future, if you need special help, post confidential stuff like this in PMs - but even there, be careful who you give this info to.

Posting this now so hopefully you get above instruction ASAP

Usually, when you have a hosting account with someone, it comes with email account. For example. aandbwebdesign is hosted with iPage and I have unlimited email accounts that I can create as part of the hosting package I am paying for there.

In your case, it seems the Weebly you are using is free, and I didn't see anything on their site that mentions email accounts. I looked at where your domain is, and they do offer emails, BUT that would be part of a (paid) hosting account, so you'd have to purchase one there, but I don't know if it would be possible to host your site on Weebly and have your Emails with the same domain name somewhere else.

I am not sure about Google Apps - I clicked around a bit, but it doesn't look to me that they provide you with an email account, just a way to access one you already have. I did not study in depth or sign up, but that's what it looks like. I guess you can wait until you hear back from them - it's weekend, maybe they are not fully staffed and it takes a bit longer.

P.S. - I also removed your email address from your first post - you probably already get all the spam you want.

Andrea, thank you for the warning. have changed my password.

I received news from Google and yes, I did something wrong.

We were unable to reset your password because we couldn't verify the HTML/CNAME changes you made to domain elefante-verde.com.

We have a number of useful resources in our Help Center to assist you with uploading HTML files and/or creating CNAME records for verification

purposes.

For CNAME verification, please visit:https://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=47283

Please note that you need to use the unique string of text that is provided to you by Google in the automated password reset steps (ex.

googlefffggghhh12345).

If you'd like to try resetting your password again, please visit the following page in our Help Center and follow the instructions provided:

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=33561.

Sincerely,

The Google Apps Team

I will read the help theys sent and try again.

yes, the google apps works as follows. You do wathever it is they want done (see above) and then from your personal hotmail you have a new account that says elefante-verde.com. So I write from my elefante-verde.com hotmail account and it reaches people as if sent from elefante-verde.com. Simple enough if I can get the setting right.

I will let you know what happes and thanks for your assistence.

Serge

Andrea,

I finaly could set up the email but not through google apps, with Live Mail. Works perfect. From y free website via the contact form to my sales@elefante-verde.com at Windows Live. It is the same as a hotmail account.

The only thing left is how do I change the way people see us on the screen? Example when you "google" PANDORA this shows up:

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

www.pandora.com/ - Estados Unidos - Traducir esta página

Pandora radio is the personalized internet radio service that helps you find new music based on your old and current favorites. Create custom web radio stations ...

Your Profile - Help - Gift Subscriptions - About

How and where do I change this info, because for our webpage it is not correct.

Thanks again.

Well Andrea, it is all coming together. I found the information very usefull and my webpage has the information it needs on the screen. I even managed to install a free statistics tracker and it works wonders.

I am becoming an expert at this ;-))))

Thanks a million for your input

Serge