Options for Online Interactive Journal

Andrea

I have a family chronic an uncle wrote over 20 years ago. It's his own story and the story of that side of my family up to a certain point. I have the whole thing, including many drawings and photos, transferred into a word document and a PDF file (The file is HUGE - about 54,000 Kb). The whole thing is about 190 letter-sized pages which include 126 photos, drawings, newspaper clippings, and such. I've had a few copies printed, but that is not only expensive, it's also not updatable. People die, are born, marry and divorce faster than you can say 'updated edition'.

This in not anything of commercial interest, other than maybe some historic facts about the uncle's time as a young soldier in WWII and wherever family history was shaped by the events of the war. It also contains several newspaper clippings - no way of knowing what paper they are from, so copyright may create some issues.

I am trying to find a way to put this online - probably password protected to only allow access to the family, ideally where that family could do some own edits.

One approach that comes to my mind is Wordpress, or maybe something wiki-like, Id imagine that's something I can put together with a little help from some friends.

Does anybody have any other suggestions or thoughts?