reduce depth of page one

Guest Nickster

Guest Nickster

I'd like to know how to reduce the depth of page one. At koriakincasting.com, I get a 2nd Reel background that is not needed. I only need one Reel. Anyone can help me with this?

First thing, you need to add a Doctype to the very top of your pages otherwise it will render in quirks mode and it will vary differently visually accross different browsers.

Secondly, you are not using any css stylesheet. This practice is probably the worst thing you can do because updating it will take more time and will be harder to maintain consistancy. I would steer away from Microsoft Themes via FrontPage editor because it is outdated.

So to answer about the not wanting to repeat the second reel is to apply background-repeat: no-repeat; to the body tag like this:

<body topmargin="6" bgcolor="#99FFCC" background="film_reel2.jpg" style="background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Of course naturally I would apply this to my css stylesheet but I don't think you are aware of this knowledge. You might check out some of Stef's videos on how to develop a simple website using HTML and CSS.

Edited by Eddie