Conditional Statement in PHP

Guest excelweb

Guest excelweb

Hi, I'm using a pagelines WP template. I have designed and put together a page within the template however I am trying to put a conditional statement in that will allow me to add different text to footer for one page than the rest of the site (the template has a generic footer that is the same for every page on the site otherwise). What code do I use and where do I enter this? Thanks in advance!

Wordpress makes this pretty simple: http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags#A_PAGE_Page

Assuming you are dealing with a "page" (rather than a "post" or custom post type), you would need to edit the page.php file located within yourwebsite.com/wp-content/themes/yourthemename/.

Look for the line near the bottom of the page:

<?php get_footer(); ?>

You can then replace it with a bit of PHP which looks at the page id:

<?php 
  if (is_page(100)) 
  {
?>
...Put the HTML content that you want to appear within this page here...
<? 
  } 
  else 
  {
     get_footer(); 
  }
?>

You would need to change the "100" with the id of the page you want custom content to appear on. You can find that id by logging into the Wordpress admin, going to the Pages section, and editing the page that you want to add the custom text to. You should see something like this:

http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2&action=edit

The "2" in the above, between the "post=" and the "&" within the URL is the id of the page.