Review My Landing Page

kralcx

I need your review of my page w ww.hiygin.com/herbalfiberblend/herbalfiberblend.html

It's a simple page; my goal is to get visitors to click on the button (link)

I've checked this in various browsers IE,FF,Chrome, Safari, Win and Mac. If anyone could check this in Opera 10 or older that would be great! Everything validated except for line 56, however it validates in Dreamweaver, (in any event I don't know what the problem is?)

Any advice is appreciated. B)

The error is cause by a xhtml closing tag /. Just remove the forward slash shown in red.

<a href="http://www.theaimcompanies.com/products/herbal_fiberblend/powder_and_capsules.aspx?prodcode=3217E&lid=168&AIM_AXOwnerID=628037&aimstore=y" id="button" title="Try Herbal Fiberblend Today!" /><span></span></a>

Edited by Eddie

The error is cause by a xhtml closing tag /. Just remove the forward slash shown in red.

It's not that slash Eddie - he is using XHTML doctype, so that's correct. The error message is

Line 56, Column 232: end tag for element "a" which is not open
but I couldn't find an open tag anywhere, either.

And while you're fixing things, you might as well get rid of the empty span tag just before the closing a.

Overall, the code's a bit messy. I dont' think there's a single tag in there that does NOT have a class or an ID attached.

Also, that last testimonial is missing some quotes as it contains direct speech. The way it is written right now, is kind of confusing.

The list of benefits should be coded as a list. The way it is right now, anything breaking across 2 lines messes up the bullet alignment.

As to design - I don't really see one, Just black borders with randomly multi-colored content on white.

Your CSS could use some cleanup, too. First, you have an entire reset stylesheet, so there's no need to set anything to zero in your actual formatting stylesheet. Then you have a bunch of empty clear float divs, so there's no point for part of this CSS:

div.clearFloat { 	clear: both; 	font-size: 0; 	height: 0; 	line-height: 0px; }

Your divs are empty, so there is no point in a font size or line height. Redundant stuff like that just adds to a bunch of unnecessary coding which makes it harder to 'see' the stuff you actually need.

It's not that slash Eddie - he is using XHTML doctype, so that's correct.

Sort of correct but look at the link tag again. You have a self-closing / slash in the open link tag plus a closing </a> tag. Self-closing link tag is not XHTML standard for anchor/link tags.

Here's his code again with the red slash needing to be removed:

<a href="http://www.theaimcompanies.com/products/herbal_fiberblend/powder_and_capsules.aspx?prodcode=3217E&lid=168&AIM_AXOwnerID=628037&aimstore=y" id="button" title="Try Herbal Fiberblend Today!" /><span></span> </a>

Thank you both for looking at my page :)

It is validating now thanks Eddie

Andrea, I got rid of the span tags and changed up the last testimony. The CSS code was mostly generated from Fireworks. As my CSS skills improve I will be better at modifying the code that Fireworks kicks out.

Thanks again.

Edited by kralcx