Incorporating wordpress into my website

muyilleum

I'm in the process of constructing a website hosted by powweb. I have successfully created a blog in WP with their in-built system. However, I would like to incorporate this blog into my website such that it will be displayed on the site with a matching theme.

thanks.

You would edit the header/footer php files via WP admin area. Within that same area you can edit the stylesheet for WP to match.

You are not limited to just the header or footer portion of your design but you can literally wrap your entire design around WP.

thanks for your reply. I ll do just that and see how it goes.

Meanwhile my WP directory is located at for example, http://example.com/Blogpost

however I have a page in my website i.e. http://example.com/blog.html which I want users to click in order to access the blog. how do i go about this?

should i make the link point to http://example.com/Blogpost? if this works, how can i do it in such a way that the navigation links at the header remain intact?

Yes. Just rename the url to point to the blog.

As for header links remain intact, you must add the code from your actual site into WP's header and footer pages so that it renders just like your main site.

Here is one example I have done: Main site and here's the blog site

Naturally, you will probably have to adjust the WP header/footer links so that it all connects correctly (i.e. images, hyperlinks, css style sheets, etc).

Thanks again. You definitely understand what my problem is. I ll see if I can get my head around this one i.e. adding the code from my actual site into WP's header and footer pages.

Sounds easy but been trying for ages now.:rolleyes:

I figure with the arrangements of text etc I can do that by adjusting the style.css file although all I can find in my original file manager are just html pages (so no quick fix/transfer for me with that one!).

This is actually proving more difficult than I thought. Any extra tips won't harm pls.!

Do you have your website online that you are wanting to implement the design to WP? Basically, I would take one of the existing html pages and gut out all the contents on the main area of the page and then use the remaining code for your header and footer.

It really is easy but like you a few years ago, I was a bit confused how to approach it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...